Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Hosting Playgroup




My little guy has been involved in a local play-group since he was 3 months old...it's so great to see how fast our little ones have grown & how great it is to chat with other SAHMs!!! I can't believe now our little ones are coming up on their second birthdays already!!

We meet every Wednesday at someone's home. The host provides the snack/lunch... it's fun to catch up & watch our little ones interactive with their buddies! Well...today was my turn to host.

I went with a little circus theme...based on these cute paper plates & napkins I found on sale at TJ MAX. I rounded up a few of my son's "circus" animals to help display the food & make them hold little banners that titled all the food.

We had chicken & spinach quesadillas with homemade salsa, guacamole plus sour cream.....also had veggie pasta salad, animal crackers to munch on, as well as grapes & mandarin oranges. The little guys were so funny they would run up & help themselves to the grapes!

To end the lunch we had Hummingbird Cake....SOOOOO rich! The cake itself is spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger root, pineapple bits & bananas.....topped with homemade cream cheese frosting (that have 3 freakin sticks of butter & a pound of each powered sugar & cream cheese.....YIKES)


I think everyone went home full & worn out from all the playing!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sending home cake with my little guy! Can't wait to try it, it looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great playdate... and the spread was ridiculous! :)

    ReplyDelete