Sunday, September 19, 2010

My 36th Birthday Party!






36.....now, I'm closer to 40 than 30! Unbelievable! So to make this passing of time more bearable....gotta throw a party! I went with a pink, black & white damask & zebra print decorations. I invited only seven friends for an intimate gathering of 8. I set up two tables outside & set a formal dinner place setting. Each setting had a cute little "Swag Bag" with each guest's name on it. Inside was a personalized zebra print necklace for each guest. I used pink roses in a glass vase as a centerpiece and little damask pails filled with pink carnations on the outer centers of the table, filling in lots of simple white candles everywhere.
The menu:
Hors d'oeuvres-toasted sliced baget with bruschetta & a love dip (cream cheese type spread)
Appetizer-shrimp green curry with jasmine rice
Main-grilled steak with chimmicurri sauce & garlic rosemary mashed potatoes, (grilled tilapia for non-meat eaters)
Dessert-Birthday cake! It came out pretty cute, a big pink bow with a zebra print....it was even pink inside by making a strawberry cake.
Also had chocolate strawberry swirl cupcakes as well.

Lots of red wine varieties! It was fun seeing what my guests selected...yummy zins, merlots, pinot noirs and a funny one called "kicking ass" ....

It was a very special night! Thanks you to my friends who drove MILES to get here....one friend drove over 7 hours & another got pulled over for speeding on her way over, what love!

No comments:

Post a Comment